posted Jan 13, 2015, 9:15 AM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Sep 11, 2016, 3:05 PM by Karen McMillan
is a global movement that challenges and inspires people
to work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions to social
problems. We're going to create some art describing how we choose to matter.
- Using your iPad, take a picture of your profile (side view) against a bright, light-colored background.
- Send it to yourself using email or upload it Google Drive.
- At your lab workstation, download the picture.
- Open the picture in Photoshop Elements.
- Next, we want to get a blank white background on our image. Here are some ways to do that:
- Use the quick select tool to delete the background.
- Use the Magic Extractor to delete the background
- Then we're going to turn our no-background profile into a silhouette. Two ways:
- Use Enhance --> Adjust Color --> Adjust Hue/Saturation
- Paint your selection black
- We want to create a text box that fits around the edges of our silhouette. Make the text color anything but white or black so you can see it both on the silhouette and off. Paste in your Choose to Matter passage.
- Adjust the text size so it will fill your silhoutte. Use tabs, spaces, and return to make sure your text fits nicely inside your silhouette.
- Finally, you can use a white background or color it brightly. Match your background color to your text color.