posted Jan 23, 2014, 12:51 PM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Feb 6, 2014, 1:24 PM
Plan Your Ad
- Work with a partner to pick a "client" for your ad. Your ad can be for...
Next, choose a technique for your ad. You may choose any of the techniques below, or use a combination
- a product
- a service
- an idea
- a candidate or bill
Where will your ad go?
- Celebrity Endorsement: when a famous person talks about how they use your product and love it so everyone should buy it!
- Bandwagon: It's really popular, so you should buy it!
- Facts and Statistics: when an ad uses numbers to impress how good something is
- Patriotic: when an ad shows that buying a product is the American thing to do.
- Happy: when an ad shows that the people who use a product are super happy!
- Before and After: when an ad shows the results of using a product
- Emotional: an ad that appeals to your needs or fears, like:
- Need for something new
- need to stand out
- need to be cool
- fear of getting old
- fear of accidents
Let me know what you're doing: https://docs.google.com/a/ctkschool.org/forms/d/1iaqblCC4SOQHB-VoyNtDFY8TQu5C4prWUKmGMGCAzMA/viewform
- Comic Book
- Bus Stop
Build Your Ad
You've had two and a half years of me teaching you stuff and you're in 8th Grade. Figure it out yourself.
- For this project, don't worry about Creative Commons.
- Use Photoshop, Pixie, or any other apps you like
- Use pages or Word for the final page layout. It's harder to do that part in Photoshop.
Submit Your Ad
- Be sure to submit your ad as a PDF
- 300ppi would be best for printing (what's ppi? Look it up!)
- Upload and share it with me in Google Docs. Title is <Your numbers> - <Your Ad's Title>