Every day at this school you receive the following items with your lunch:
- cardboard tray
- water bottle
- milk carton
- plastic utensils
Every one of these materials gets used once, then thrown away. What a waste!
- Useful: must be designed to fill some need
- Usable: easy to use
- Unique: must not copy anyone else's idea or design
- Rugged: must be able to stand up to daily use
You may use small amounts of the following additional materials in your design:
- At lunch today, do your best to keep your materials clean. Take them home and spend the weekend brainstorming an idea for an invention. Use the "I Intend to Invent" form to describe it.
- Working with a partner, decide on a final idea for your invention. Partners will design it together in Google Sketchup.
- Mock up your design in Google Sketchup.
- Write a set of instructions for how someone else would build your product.
- Build your final product, taking pictures along the way and adding them to your instructions.
- Name your invention and present it to the class.
- Publish your instructions on the Internet!
Halle & Lucas
Matthew & Julia
Gabby & Reid
Natalie & Carter
Gia & Cameron
Laren M & Lauren D
Kevin & Lindsey
Sophie & Vito
Katie H & Alex
Rachel & Grant D
Grant B & Caroline
Isabella & Maddie K
Wesley & Rebecca
Keoni & Jackie
Laura & Dominic
Abby & Mckenzie
Celeste & Eliana
Katie C & Maddie J