Please follow these instructions when turning in your iPad in the lab today:
- Complete the form below but DO NOT SUBMIT until Miss McMillan tells you to.
- After Miss McMillan checks you off, you will erase your iPad.
- Put iPad on the back table.
- Put chargers and bricks on back table in a separate pile (leave them connected).
While you wait, your options are:
- Work on your Genius Hour project
- Create something awesome using the Pixel Art Template (choose "Make a Copy" on the next window)
- Finish any other assignments you may have
Let's finish up some projects today! Please work on the following (and have them completed by next Tuesday, April 26th):
- Enlightenment presentation
- Genius Hour proposal
- Add to your e-portfolio
- Work on coding at Code.org: Class of 2017
- Greatest Books Project (you'll have to call from home)
Today we will be creating presentations on the Enlightenment. Please follow the guidelines in the presentation above, along with the following:
- no more than five bullet points per slide
- add your "script" to the speaker's notes section
- each slide must have at least one image that goes with the information on that slide
- your presentation must include a title slide AND a bibliography
- the bibliography should include links to websites you used for information as well as links to the images you used
- you must have between 5 and 10 slides
When you are finished, please add your presentation to your blog as a new post.
To begin...go to Google Classroom
We will be setting up our blogs this morning. To begin, go to:
You may need to sign in with your school account information.
Follow these steps:
- Click on "Create a limited Blogger profile"; enter your first name, last initial
- Click on "continue to Blogger"
- Click on "New blog" to create your blog
- Give your blog a title: [First name]'s Blog
- Type in the URL for your blog: ctk[first name-last initial].blogspot.com
- Choose a template (you can always change this later)
- Click on "Create blog!"
Your first post will be an About Me post. Tell the world about yourself, but don't include any information that is too personal.
Before we begin, please join the Seventh Grade Technology Classroom:
Here's the class code: bg4oaa
Open the assignment "The Olmec Civilization." You will be working in Google Drawings to create a diagram like the one in your book:
Be sure to include one image for each sub-topic (Cities, Culture, Legacy).
In order to get to know the country of Vietnam a little better, we are going to work in Google Maps. Your task will be to add a minimum of ten (10) pins to your map of Vietnam. These pins will mark places of historical significance to the country.
To begin, go to maps.google.com
. Once there, click on the three bars in the top left-hand corner:
Next, click on "My Maps" and then "Create Map" at the bottom of the next window. Give your map a name: [student #] Vietnam Map.
Today we are going to begin gathering your work into an e-portfolio using Google Sites. Each of you should already have your own Google Site
set up; now it's time to add to it. To get us started, let's brainstorm a list of assignments that should be added to our portfolios.
- Inventor report
- Mission project
- Geo bee
- State report
- Genius hour project
- Speech contest
- Geo bee contestants
- Revolutionary war reenactment
- Science fair
- Book trailers
- Speech contest
- Geo bee contestants
- Greek god/goddess project
- Greek citystate battle
- Young Authors' Faire
- Maya Angelou poems
- Book reviews
- Jane Schaeffer's writing assignments
- Radio story
- Community service
- Dreams, goals and aspirations
- Realistic fiction stories
- Persuasive essays
- Cell project
- What did you like about this project?
- What was challenging? What was easy?
- Was there something that surprised you?
- If you were to do this project again, what would you do differently? How could you make it better?
- What did you learn about yourself while doing this project?