posted Oct 21, 2013, 10:36 AM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Sep 11, 2016, 3:23 PM by Karen McMillan
Day 1: Searching and Saving information
We've been working on search skills, and now we're going to put them to work! We're going to do a Google search for Trumpeter Swans. Here are some things to think about:
- How should we word our search?
- How are search results displayed? Which results are ads?
- How can we get results that are written for kids to understand?
- How can we decide which sources are reliable?
When you find a readable, reliable source, bookmark it for use later.
The next step is to get organized. Make a copy of the spreadsheet below. Use the Internet sources we found to answer the questions on the spreadsheet. Be sure to use your own words and cite your sources correctly!
If you answer all the questions, go to the second page and create your own questions about the topics listed.
Day 2: Writing from Research
Now that you've gathered information about the Trumpeter Swan and developed your own questions, we're going to write a few paragraphs about the them.
- Go to your Google Docs list
- Click Create
- Click Document
- Click on Untitled Document and rename it to <your number> Trumpeter Swans
- Write 1 or 2 paragraphs describing what you learned about trumpeter swans.