posted Feb 10, 2014, 1:53 PM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Sep 11, 2016, 3:27 PM by Karen McMillan
Day 1: Researching
In this project, you will research a planet and create a video report on it. You will work in groups of 4, and each person will find different information:
- Teammate 1: What is your planet's mass and distance from the sun?
- Teammate 2: What is your planet made of?
- Teammate 3: What are 3 interesting facts about your planet?
- Teammate 4: What satellites (moons or rings) does your planet have?
- Mercury and Venus have no satellites. Instead, tell us about their weather and the length of the year.
Day 2: Collecting Images & Script Writing
- Split your group in half (2 people each)
- Team A: In Solar Walk, take screen shots of your planet and its satellites.
- Team B: Using your research, write a script for your video. Write full sentences and write who will say what.
- Your script should include all your facts. Here is an outline for it:
All: The Planet _________
Walter: The Planet _______ has a mass of _______________. It is ______________ kilometers from the sun.
Millie: ______________ is a rocky planet. Its atmosphere is mainly _____________, and it has an iron core. <--DESCRIPTION!
Maybell: ___________ has 2 moons. They are called ___________ and ____________.
Warren: ___________ is the only planet with pink elephants. It was named for
Day 3: Making your Video
- On your iPad, make a new iMovie project with the name of your planet
- Insert your pictures in the order you want them to show
- Record your voiceovers with your planet facts. Be sure to follow the guidelines for recording audio.
- Change the duration of your images to match the sentences in your script.
Day 4: Publishing
- Go to the main screen in iMovie
- Tap the Share button and pick Youtube
- Use the following setting to share your video:
- Title: The Planet _______
- Description: Facts about the planet ________
- Category: Science & Technology
- Tags: [your planet's name], planet, planets, space, or any other words you think are related to this project
- Size: Large