posted Jan 30, 2014, 8:53 AM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Sep 11, 2016, 3:37 PM by Karen McMillan
Second graders prepared by writing down the most important words from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's famous "I have a dream" speech. Following the steps below, they created word clouds that illustrate his message of peace and universal harmony.
- Type out each of your words in TextEdit.
- Highlight all of them and copy them by using the Menu, right-click, or Command C.
- Go to Tagxedo.com/app.html and click Load.
- Paste in your words and click Submit.
- Click the arrow by Shape to pick a shape that fits Dr. King's message.
- Click the arrow by Theme to pick a set of colors and fonts. You must use a blank background (to save ink).
- When finished, click Save/Share and then 1MP PNG. That will produce a big enough image for printing.
- Save it with the name of your number.