posted Feb 27, 2014, 10:57 AM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Sep 11, 2016, 3:38 PM by Karen McMillan
- Go to Zoom Dinosaurs and click on Dino Info Pages to choose and learn about a dinosaur.
Fill out the worksheet with your dinosaur's information (Dinosaur Research, below).
Draw a picture of your dinosaur.
- Locomotion: How it moved
- Diet: What food it ate
- Anatomy: The size and shape of its body
- Defenses: How it protected itself
- Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretacious Periods: The times in Earth's history when the dinosaurs lived.
Create your Dinosaur Book
- Open up PictureBook on your iPad.
- Create a new story.
- Fill in the title - All About <your dinosaur>
- Fill in the author
- Create a new page for each fact you uncovered about your dinosaur.
- Go to Earthviewer and see what the Earth looked like during the time your dinosaur lived. Take a screenshot to include on your page "When my dinosaur lived."
- Use the iPad's camera to take a picture of your drawing and use Google Image search to find other pictures of your dinosaur. You can also take a picture of the dinosaur from a library book, or draw your own using drawing pad!
- Finally, add your pictures to your book.
Share your Book
- In Picturebook, tap on your book.
- Select Share
- Select Email
- Change the email subject so that it includes your name
- Send it to Mr. Dreyfus-Pai