posted Apr 28, 2014, 12:58 PM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Sep 11, 2016, 3:45 PM by Karen McMillan
We're going to make a movie on our iPads as a Mother's Day thank you. Here's how:
- Think of a time when your mom did something great for you. Write out your story like this:
Draw three pictures to illustrate your story!
- Thanks Mom for ...
- I remember that ...
- It was a really special day/really fun/I really appreciate it!
- Thanks for that and everything else you do! Love, ...
Today we'll tell our Tell your story using iMovie!
- Using an iPad, take pictures of your drawings.
- Open the iMovie app on your iPad
- Add the pictures you drew to the video project.
- Go to the beginning and record a new voiceover
- Read your story out loud. You can go 1 sentence at a time if you need to pause to think about what you want to say next.
- Export your story to email and send it to your mom!
As you might guess, this is a lot for 1st graders! While we handled Day 1 on our own, we had some help from the class of 2015 on Day 2.