posted Oct 14, 2014, 11:53 AM by Michael Dreyfus-Pai
updated Sep 11, 2016, 3:47 PM by Karen McMillan
Today we're going to learn about the continents and oceans of the world.
Navigating in Google Maps
- Go to Google Maps
- Switch to Satellite view
- Zoom all the way out until you can see the whole world!
- Explore around by dragging and zooming. At the right zoom level you will see the names of the Oceans.
- Write the names of the oceans on your map with a blue pencil or marker.
Identifying the Continents
- Play this game to identify the continents: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/world_G0_Click.html
- Once you have them all, add the continents to your map in marker or colored pencil. Use a color different from blue.
- Option 1: Go to Google Maps and look for other features. Add countries, seas, or other places to your map in pencil.
- Option 2: Play all the levels of World Continents and get really good!