We're going to explore the world of dinosaurs with a simple question: who would win in a fight between two of these amazing animals?
Day 1-2: Research
Discuss: What kind of information would we need to know to answer this question? What other information is important to understanding a dinosaur?
Use the following sites to complete your research worksheet:
Day 3-4: Prepare for Battle
Meeting with your partners, discuss the following questions:
- Would these two dinosaurs have actually battled? Compare their periods and their habitats.
- Who would have won in a foot race? Compare their speed and agility.
- Do either of these dinosaurs have a size advantage? Compare their height, length, and weight.
- Choose a way that one of the dinosaurs would have attacked the other. Describe how each dinosaur would act and react.
- Choose two ways that the dinosaurs could attack each other. Describe the dinosaur action!
Next, start your dino battle poster!
- Add both dinosaur names
- Complete the information in the Tale of the Tape
- Describe why this will be an awesome dino battle
- Add png alpha pictures of your dinosaurs
If you have time after finishing your poster, try these dino-mite games!